Solve-TAD is pleased to announce that it will soon be adding a Boccia Ramp to its adaptable solutions range in August!
This lightweight, sleek wooden ramp is compliant with World Boccia rules for Assistive Devices.
- Made from easy to clean, non-toxic varnished 4.00 mm marine plywood & timber
- Ramp comes in 3 parts so that length and height can be easily adjusted
- Custom ball-mount included for chin operation
- Side knobs adjustments for easy angle positioning
- Stable and durable base with weights
- Easy to disassemble for storage
- Converts to a 2 wheeled trolley for easy transport to and from the game
- Australian made and assembled by Solve-TAD Volunteers
*Boccia ball set not included
What is Boccia?
Boccia has been a Paralympic sport since the 1984 Stoke Mandeville/New York, Paralympic Games.
Boccia is played by athletes with a significant physical impairment affecting all four limbs.
Athletes compete in singles, pairs and teams events.
Boccia is played indoors and tests competitors’ degree of muscle control and accuracy. Competing in wheelchairs, athletes throw, kick or use a ramp device to propel leather balls as close as possible to a white ball called the ‘jack’. There are six red and six blue balls to indicate which team is playing.
For more information, see the Australian Paralympic Page here