Ern Rothschild was a Solve-TAD technical member from 1990 until he passed away in 2007. He and his wife Les were great supporters of the work of Solve-TAD. They both attended VIC Annual General Meetings and functions and took every opportunity to promote the work of Solve-TAD. Ern worked on over 110 projects in his 17 years with Solve-TAD, with products made ranging from items to make personal care easier, to equipment to enable greater participation in vocational and recreational activities. In 2012 Ern’s wife, Les, left a large financial bequest to Solve-TAD in her Will. In honour of both the practical and financial commitment shown by the Rothschild’s to Solve-TAD we dedicate this award to their honour.
- The award is open to all volunteers across VIC and NSW, and can be for an individual or team.
- The nominee/s is not required to be a Solve-TAD member; they can just have volunteered with Solve-TAD.
- The recipient/s can be nominated by another volunteer, client, supporter or staff member.
- Past individual winners are not eligible for future awards. However they may be re-nominated as part of a volunteer team.
The Award recipient would not have to meet the entire set of criteria, however in order to assess each nomination fairly there needs to be a way of comparing the nominees with each other to determine the most deserving volunteer. For the initial awards the following criteria will be applied:
- How has the person supported other volunteers?
- How has the person supported or shown commitment to the organisation?
- What effect has the volunteer had on the community and/or client?
- How has the volunteer displayed qualities such as humility, flexibility and reliability?
- Approximately what amount of time would they commit to the organisation (per week)?
- The effort required to volunteer (e.g. obstacles they face such as health, caring responsibilities, working etc.)
- How have they demonstrated a commitment to people with a disability?
- What work/project/activity has they done that was outstanding and why? – E.g. highly innovative, large amount of time invested, outcome for client etc.
- Nominations will be open from August 1st to September 30th 2022
- Nominator to complete a Nomination Form.
- Nomination Form to be submitted to the Volunteer Coordinator for collation.
- Collated nominations will be forwarded to the CEO in the first week of October.
- Nominations to be assessed and reviewed by a Sub Committee that includes the CEO, Board Chairman and one other Board member.
- The recipient is to be announced at the AGM each year and will be presented with a certificate, a small trophy and a gift voucher (to the value of $200).